Monday, July 7, 2014

His love for me

16 days until I enter the MTC (missionary training center).

If you asked me 2 years ago if I wanted to serve a mission, I will of gladly told you "No". Never would I have thought that I would be here in this time of my life, 2 weeks away from entering the MTC and going to serve a mission. It's crazy the things that have happened in my life that has made me feel my Savior's love and change my whooooooole outlook on serving.

Growing up, I went to church often but never really listened. I was a kid/teen and listening to the lessons just didn't seem fun. My sophomore year of High School I moved from Bellflower, CA to Long Beach, CA. I'm not very good at change and it just wasn't for me. I went to class every Sunday and just sat there and because I didn't really have a lot of friends I had no choice but to listen. I started to listen to my teacher and everything that He taught. I started to question in my heart and in my mind if everything he was teaching was true.

One day after a couple of months of being at that ward and listening to everything being taught I decided to read the Book of Mormon. When I read I always remembered being told if you want to know if what is written is true, pray. So I decided to earnestly pray to my Savior and ask Him if this was His true church. I knelt down on my knees and poured out my concerns and questions. In that moment, I felt as if the Savior was standing beside me testifying that this was the true church on earth and that the Book of Mormon is the true word. I felt so at peace. My eyes were opened.

My Savior allowed to understand His love for me. He loves me so much that He allows me to feel sorrow and joy. He allows to make my own decisions, good or bad. He gave me the free agency to choose Him or the world. I wasn't forced to go to church or read the book of Mormon. I simply challenged myself and found out for myself as did the prophet, Joseph Smith. If we just try to understand Christ, He will guide us.

 He loves us and wants us to have eternal happiness. Go to church. Pray and plead with Him. Love Him. Be like Him. Ask him what it is you need to do in your life. He will help you know through the quiet promptings of the Holy Ghost. He lives and loves, I know it.

Xo, Sister Pito


No comments:

Post a Comment