Wednesday, July 9, 2014

He lives.


"The Atonement is the sacrifice Jesus Christ made to help us overcome sin, adversity, and death. Jesus's atoning sacrifice took place in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross of Calvary. He paid the price for our sins, took upon Himself death, and was resurrected. The Atonement is the supreme expression of the love of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ"

The day I learned about the Atonement was the day I knew the church was true. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much that He gave His only begotten son to die for us. Think about that now. Sit by yourself and soak that up. That is love. Our Savior is love. 

Our Heavenly Father let us come to this earth and experience hard trials that seem never ending because He loves us. Don't blame Him in your times of tribulations. Imagine a life where things always went our way all the time? It just doesn't seem right. Be grateful for your trials. It makes you stronger. So thankful that my Savior allows me to feel sorrow and joy. I don't know where I would be without my trials. 

There was a time where I felt like my trials would never end. It was like a domino effect, one problem after the other. One night I went outside, sat down and poured out my heart with tears coming down my face. I asked Him to please help me, guide me, let me be at peace and have patience with the things that were going on in my life. I instantly felt at peace and felt the comforting love of my Savior. I knew everything would be fine. Friends and family, what I am saying is that everything will be okay if we trust our Heavenly Father and remember the Atonement in our lives. 

A man so humble and loving gave us the greatest sacrifice ever. He gave us His son!!!!!!!! I literally cry all the time thinking about how we have a loving Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. His son, Jesus Christ obeyed his Father and atoned for our sins. He bled from every pore, was hated by many, suffered on the cross, had rocks thrown at Him, He was mocked, He had many followers betray Him and more but He did that because he loves us. 

You are not alone.

HAVE FAITH IN THE SAVIOR. HE WILL GUIDE YOU. HE WILL BE THERE FOR YOU. HE LOVES YOU AND KNOWS YOU. TRUST HIM. 

"And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men." 

1st Nephi 19:9

Xo, Sister Pito 


No comments:

Post a Comment